~ J. Paul Getty
We aren't all going to strike oil in our lifetimes but we all have hopes and dreams pinned to one or more home businesses that we are working at making successful.
Have you achieved your desired level of success? If not, there may be some wisdom to the term "fake it 'till you make it"
Successful people wake up each morning planning for success, work towards success through the day, reflect on that success in the evening, and then plan for the next days success.
Although not every successful person lives exactly the same as the last there are some strong similarities in how they work for their success.
1. Successful people get out of bed each morning ready to accomplish something. It's easier to stay in bed for a couple of rounds of snooze button smash but getting up with a positive and determined attitude will go far in making you a success. That ten minutes you just wasted could have been spent sending emails or marketing your business on a forum.
2. Successful people never stop learning. The world is changing, successful people know that to get left behind is fatal. We see this by the way that the world wide web has changed network marketing. If you don't evolve you cannot be successful.
3. Successful people expect more of themselves. Every day brings new challenges and possibilities. Successful people embrace them and face them head on. Are you happy with your home business only supplementing your 9-5 job? If you want more you can't be content with mediocrity.
4. Successful people exercise. They move, they get fit, they understand you have to feel good and look good to succeed. Exercise boosts brain power, puts you in a better mood and makes you look great. Plus you can meet a new group of prospects at the gym or running in the park.
5. Successful people have little time for television. It's called a boob tube for a reason. The more time spent in front of the idiot box is less time spent reading, exercising, learning and achieving. After you are done working for the day allow yourself to 'veg out' and unwind, but don't let TV steal your time. Time is money.
6. Successful people compliment others. They realize that they didn't get to where they are without help. They appreciate and acknowledge that help. In turn they will value and nurture others. James D. Miles famously said: "You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him." A successful person knows that there is potential gain everywhere and from everyone.
7. Successful people listen. When you spend your time talking it's much more difficult to listen. To the untrained eye, sales is all about talking. However, the successful salesperson knows that sales is 99% listening. Successful people know their audience and the way to learn about your consumer is to listen louder than you talk.
8. Successful people plan. They look at what they want to do, decide if it can be done, and then outline the steps to accomplish it. Setting goals and planning your steps will take your business to a whole new level of success.
9. Successful people expect more of you. Successful people have a difficult time understanding mediocrity, even more difficulty understanding why others settle for it. Surround yourself with achievers and you when you are feeling low they will lift you up.
10. Successful people make the effort and sacrifice to get what they want. It's easy to dream but much harder to give up the two hours of TV each night or sleeping ten extra minutes. Starting your own home business can be the most difficult and rewarding challenge you ever face (next to raising children) Be ready to sacrifice your time, your money, your comfort to make your vision a reality.
Your dreams of success ARE achievable with hard work and dedication. There is no such thing as 'get rich quick'. There are no 'secrets to make you fabulously wealthy'. It's all common sense, hard work, and the ironclad will to succeed.